LMO: Early Reading and Phonics
Little Mountain Learning Academy’s LMO online courses (Asia time zone) provide students living outside North America with a true Canadian education experience. Our online courses will adhere to the teaching style and teaching philosophy of Little Mountain School and are of the same high quality as offline courses.
Early Reading and Phonics
Tailored for students aged 4-8 years old, our program is designed for those starting from scratch or requiring early reading training, including comprehensive phonics instruction. Simultaneously, the curriculum enhances English listening, speaking, and communication skills. Students can choose between 1-to-1 lessons or small class settings with a ratio of 1-to-3 for a personalized and effective learning experience.
All teachers are qualified Canadian teachers with a North American undergraduate degree or above, a globally accepted TESOL English education qualification certificate, and many years of experience in teaching Asian students. Their teaching methods and class time can better meet the needs of students in Asia.
1. Those who have lived in Canada or were students of Little Mountain School and their families cannot find the same high-quality English education that Little Mountain can provide in their home country after returning to their home country. They hope to continue to improve their English skills under our education curriculum system. skills students.
2. Students who have a good English foundation in China and want to seek more localized courses in North America.
3. Students are aged 7-18 years old, have basic reading skills and have lived in Asia for a long time.
The qualified instructors of Little Mountain School provide 1:1 private tutoring or online courses in small classes of 3 people. Each class is 40 minutes, and 2 classes per week are the standard teaching time.
The twice-weekly early reading and phonics course is an early comprehensive improvement course based on phonics , using early resources from the SMRT resource library.
The entrance is from scratch and the exit is Canadian Grade 1 level. The course covers a full set of phonics, English listening and speaking, spelling, short composition, and a large number of picture book readings. SMRT resources are equipped with various audio and video resources, and we also provide printed materials to students.
Textbook— Introduction to smrt Early Childhood/Early Elementary
smrt English Childhood (EC) and Early Elementary (EE) are suitable for students aged 4-9 years old.
EC (4 months), EE1 (4 months) and EE2 (8 months) are the first three levels of the SMRT course.
1. EC mainly teaches letters and letter sounds, with accurate and proficient spelling of CVC structures (such as CAT) as the exit point.
2. EE1 covers all consonant and vowel structures, long and short vowels, and natural spelling knowledge of complex spelling combinations.
3. The EE2 part is elementary reading, which aims to integrate the phonics knowledge learned, start a lot of reading and reading comprehension training, and start to get in touch with basic writing.
SMRT teaching materials are an online English teaching material system independently developed by our school and sold worldwide. It includes a full set of English teaching content such as listening, speaking, reading, writing, vocabulary, grammar, media resources, and online/offline interactive exercises. It is currently sold more than 100 times worldwide. SMRT tutorial used by 360,000 students. In 2016, SMRT was the only Canadian education system introduced into China.
We have just begun to expand the SMRT system in China, and the current students are mainly distributed in South America and Europe. smrt is divided into international version and Chinese version.
www.smrtenglish.com (smrt global site)
www.smrtenglish.cn (smrt mainland China website)
Book a consultation today or ask us about our other programs and offerings.
2150 Western Pkwy #213
Vancouver, BC V6T 1V6
Mon-Fri: 1pm – 8pm