Spring Break Intensives
Little Mountain Learning Academy has put together a variety of week-long intensive programs for the Spring Break to meet your child’s needs, and help them improve English language skills – reading, writing, speaking, listening, vocabulary, and grammar.
2019 Spring Break Intensive Program Offerings are:
The Power of Reading and Writing
Monday – Friday | 1pm – 4pm | 5 days a week
Level 1: Kindergarten-Grade 2 | Level 2: Grade 3-Grade 5 | Level 3: Grade 6-Grade 8 | Level 4: Grade 9+
- Explore themes within a high-quality text in depth and respond creatively, utilizing the written modes of discourse
- Personalised levelled reading to develop each student’s comprehension, accuracy and fluency
- Present in order to cultivate presentation and speaking skills
- Get a final written piece published in-house
- Write book reports and be rewarded by taking part in our reading Reading Tree Challenge!
Monday – Friday | 10am – 12pm | 5 days a week
Grade 3 – Grade 8
- Explore and present on Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics
- Develop the transferable skills of student inquiry, thoughtful risks, problem-solving, and critical thinking in the real world
- Gain a wide range of transferable skills to utilise both in life, and at school
- Discover how STEAM benefits our lives, our learning, and the future of our world as a whole.
ESL English Immersion Level 1 & 2
Monday – Friday | 10:30am – 4pm | 5 days a week
Level 1: Beginner ESL | Level 2: Intermediate to Advanced ESL
- Solidify grammar rules, writing skills and gain vocabulary with daily assessments
- Practice spoken English and presentation skills to build greater confidence and expression
- Build the skills needed to achieve greater academic success within school
- Be rewarded by taking part in our reading Reading Tree Challenge!
Please download our Spring Break Intensive Brochure below for further details about our program description and pricing information.