Our Learn to Read program offers two streams for 3.5 years old to Grade 2 students.
This Learn to Read program supports young children in gaining a solid foundation on which to build all of their future learning in a friendly and engaging environment.
Age 3.5 – 5.5
- Preschool learning of phonics sounds
- CVC word reading and spelling through systematic phonics
- English vocabulary for conversation and understanding
- Social and emotional development for independent learning
- Systematic learning of all English phonics Sounds
- Discuss, understand and explore stories and themed books to build vocabulary
- Read and spell with accuracy and independence
Little Mountain Curriculum VS. BC Curriculum
Since 2004, Little Mountain has built a strong, holistic classroom environment. Our in-house curriculum brings together Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading and Writing, Speaking, and Listening.
After a thorough assessment, students are placed in small groups of a maximum of six. Their fellow learners will be of a similar age and ability. This enables students to actively take part in their own learning. Students engage with varied, project-based learning tasks. Our students benefit from personalized guidance from their passionate and skilled teachers.
Our holistic model supports academic and leadership skills. These cultivate independence and a passion for life-long learning.
- Foundational English Language Skills
- Project-Based Learning (PBL)
- Collaborative Teamwork
- Critical Thinking
- Creative Expression
- Presentation Skills
Want to know more about our Learn-to-Read program? Please contact us and we are happy to answer any questions you may have!