Grade 8 – 12
This Math tutoring program covers Grade 8 to Grade 12 math concepts. These tutorials should be considered by those who wish to move ahead of their current grade, or by those who would benefit from extra math help. These classes allow students to access tasks and math worksheets based on their own needs and pace.
With a maximum of three students, students gain support from an experienced math teacher, specialized at the level in which they teach.
Our Math tutoring Grade 8 – 12 curriculum is designed for students to meet and exceed the BC Provincial Learning Outcomes for math.
Grade 8 | Grade 9 | Grade 10 Math
This program supports students in meeting core competencies in Pre-Calculus and workplace mathematics according to BC provincial standards. It ensures a solid understanding of increasingly advanced concepts, including the following:
- Perfect squares and cubes, surface area and volume
- Square and cube roots
- Percentages, proportional reasoning, fractions
- Discrete and two-variable linear relations and expressions
- Pythagorean theorem, trigonometry, multi-step equations
- Foundational Pre-Calculus
- Workplace mathematics
- Statistics: central tendency, theoretical probability with two independent events
- Financial literacy: budgets and proportional reasoning
Grade 11 | Grade 12 Math
This program supports students in meeting and exceeding expectations in the foundations of Math and Pre-Calculus.
With personal guidance and effective strategies,
students further develop the mathematical knowledge and analytical tools needed in post-secondary education.
Topics are in advanced operations, functions and graphing, including the following:
- Powers and radicals
- Quadratic functions
- Rational functions
- System of equations
- Transformations of functions and graphs
- Exponential functions
- Sequence and series