Supportive English Tutoring
Little Mountain’s tutoring services support our students in building the skills needed to meet academic success. Through personalized resources and pacing, students are encouraged to progress rapidly through key English skills.
Students are provided with specific, high-quality resources based on their needs. These aim to develop their; phonics skills, spelling accuracy, reading comprehension and/or writing skills. Students work in groups of a maximum of three. Each student receives targetted support from their teacher. Therefore achieving a solid understanding of different concepts.
Regular assessment and feedback ensure each student is always supported and challenged.
Kindergarten – Grade 2
- For students whose schedules do not enable them to attend our Early Literacy program.
- Systematic Phonics instruction
- Clear, age-appropriate, in-house designed workbook activities
- Enhanced reading and spelling accuracy
- Writing activities to support the use of learned sounds
- Sentence punctuation and vocabulary expansion
- For students who are part of our ESL classes and need a phonics booster in order to reach further success
- Support in early reading and spelling
- Develop a strong phonetic understanding of English
- Practice in reading and spelling CVC, long vowel and consonant blends within words
- Promotes greater success and independence within our ESL Stream classes
Reading | Spelling | Writing Grammar & Vocabulary
- For students who need a specific booster to reach further success
- Personalized tasks to target areas of difficulty
- Specific skill development
- Regular assessment and feedback
- Students can choose the boosters which would best suit their needs
- Promotes greater success and independence in all of our Core English Classes