Holistic English Grade 8 – 12 Programs
Since 2004, Little Mountain has built the foundation of a holistic classroom environment. Most importantly, our in-house curriculum integrates Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading and Writing, Speaking and Listening.
After a thorough placement assessment, students are placed In small groups of a maximum of six. Their fellow learners will be of a similar age and ability.
This enables students to actively take part in their own learning. Students engage with varied, project-based learning tasks. Our students benefit from personalized guidance from their passionate and skilled teacher.
Our Holistic Grade 8 – 12 English Programs offer something different to other after school academies.
A holistic model supports academic and leadership skills. These cultivate independence and a passion for life-long learning.
- Project-Based Learning (PBL)
- Collaborative Teamwork
- Critical Thinking
- Creative Expression
- Presentation Skills
Academic Reading and Writing
Grade 8 – 10
- Develop structured essay writing on a range of engaging subject areas
- Respond to high-quality nonfiction novels through creative writing tasks
- Learn and use new vocabulary in speaking and writing
- Gain skills in speaking, presentation, research and critical thinking through project-based learning
Advanced Academic Reading and Writing
Grade 8 – 10
- Master English essay writing to develop editing for format, style, and authorial voice
- Read to assess and analyze theories about complex concepts through a variety of literary forms and genres
- Confidently speak on a range of topics through preparing and focused presentations
- Apply English learning through research to support a clear thesis, finding and utilizing primary and secondary sources of information
High School English
Grade 10 – 12
- English essay writing assignments in the various modes of discourse that address relevant and tangible issues; refine editing for style and language
- Read and critique theories about complex concepts through a variety of literary forms and genres; connect literary themes to observed individual and social human behaviors
- Confidently and tactfully speak on a range of topics through preparing and focused presentations
- Apply English learning through research to support a clear thesis, finding and utilizing primary and secondary sources of information to support original ideas
Grade 8 – 12
- Small group English learning and English online programs for all levels of ESL/ELL learners
- Engaging and challenging topics develop reading fluency and more advanced comprehension skills
- Focussed grammar and vocabulary activities and relevant English worksheets for improved writing accuracy and depth
- Conversational English and speaking and listening skills development