Our math curriculum is designed for students to meet and exceed the BC Provincial Learning Outcomes for math. This program covers math foundations from Kindergarten through to Grade 12.
Our Math program should be considered by those who wish to move ahead of their current grade, or those who would benefit from extra Math help.
Our math classes have a maximum of 3 students. Students are supported by an experienced math teacher, specialized at the level in which they teach.
Kindergarten | Grade 1 | Grade 2 Math
This stage aims to build a solid foundation and make math fun by teaching and practicing the following areas:
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and simple fractions
- Recognizing repeating and increasing/decreasing patterns
- Recognizing and using mathematical symbols
- Measuring and comparing length, mass, and capacity
- Naming and comparing 2D shapes and 3D objects
- Creating and interpreting a range of graphs
- Financial literacy: Recognizing coin combinations to 100 cents, and understanding spending and saving
Grade 3 | Grade 4 | Grade 5 | Grade 6 | Grade 7 Math
This stage continues to support students in accessing more complex concepts by teaching and practicing the following:
- Learn and utilize math vocabulary in word problems
- The four operations
- Variables and linear equations
- Decimals, fractions, ratios, and integers
- Cartesian coordinates, coordinate planes, transformations and angles
- Statistics, probability, algebra
- Apply the Pythagorean theorem
- Preservation of equality, different expressions, and equations
Grade 8 | Grade 9 | Grade 10 Math
This program supports students in meeting core competencies in Pre-Calculus and workplace mathematics according to BC provincial standards. It ensures a solid understanding of increasingly advanced concepts, including the following:
- Perfect squares and cubes, surface area and volume
- Square and cube roots
- Percentages, proportional reasoning, fractions
- Discrete and two-variable linear relations and expressions
- Pythagorean theorem, trigonometry, multi-step equations
- Foundational Pre-Calculus
- Workplace mathematics
- Statistics: central tendency, theoretical probability with two independent events
- Financial literacy: budgets and proportional reasoning
Grade 11 | Grade 12 Math
This program supports students in meeting and exceeding expectations in the foundations of Math and Pre-Calculus.
With personal guidance and effective strategies,
students further develop the mathematical knowledge and analytical tools needed in post-secondary education.
Topics are in advanced operations, functions and graphing, including the following:
- Powers and radicals
- Quadratic functions
- Rational functions
- System of equations
- Transformations of functions and graphs
- Exponential functions
- Sequence and series
Are you interested in our Math program? Please do not hesitate to call us for further information about the program and we are happy to answer any questions you may have!