Our math curriculum is designed for students to meet and exceed the BC Provincial Learning Outcomes for math. This program covers math foundations from Kindergarten through to Grade 7.
Our Math Tutoring Kindergarten – Grade 7 should be considered by those who wish to move ahead of their current grade, or those who would benefit from extra Math help.
Math tutorial classes at Little Mountain allow students to access tasks and math worksheets based on their own individual needs and pace. Our math tutoring classes have a maximum of 3 students. Students are supported by an experienced math teacher, specialized at the level in which they teach.
Kindergarten | Grade 1 | Grade 2 Math
This stage aims to build a solid foundation and make math fun by teaching and practicing the following areas of math utilizing the Singapore method:
- Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and simple fractions
- Recognizing repeating and increasing/decreasing patterns
- Recognizing and using mathematical symbols
- Measuring and comparing length, mass, and capacity
- Naming and comparing 2D shapes and 3D objects
- Creating and interpreting a range of graphs
- Financial literacy: Recognizing coin combinations to 100 cents, and understanding spending and saving
Grade 3 | Grade 4 | Grade 5 | Grade 6 | Grade 7 Math
This stage continues to support students in accessing more complex concepts by teaching and practicing the following:
- Learn and utilize math vocabulary in word problems
- The four operations
- Variables and linear equations
- Decimals, fractions, ratios, and integers
- Cartesian coordinates, coordinate planes, transformations and angles
- Statistics, probability, algebra
- Apply the Pythagorean theorem
- Preservation of equality, different expressions, and equations
Are you interested in our math tutoring course? Would you like to learn more about your child’s current math level? Please feel free to contact us to schedule the assessment.